PURCHASING & ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST
Job Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
The purchasing & account Specialist will be responsible for the procurement functions of the company while ensuring that all goods and materials purchased meet the required specifications and have complete documentation and also responsible for company’s complete book keeping.
Purchasing (procurement) responsibilities:
- Places orders for product and raw materials used for manufacturing and sales.
- Performs non-inventory (goods and services) requisition and ordering processes.
- Prepares and sends requests for price quotations to vendors.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Researches and selects vendors for raw material.
- Maintains files of all purchase, specifications and CoA , as well as all other related documentation.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Distributes raw material shipping and receiving reports.
- Coordinate shipping activities with external parties.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Enters journals entries, coordinates accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- Perform bank reconciliation, posting and balancing.
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Participate in yearly external audit.
- Assists on projects or duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor in Accounting, Finance or related discipline, preferred
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the accounting, required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, required.
- Proficient in Quick Book is MUST.